Everyone is interested in promoting their sites and increasing their site rankings aren’t they? One way that many bloggers promote their site is on Technorati. if you haven’t already claimed your blog over on Technorati you should. Claim your site, add a good description and add tags that are relevant to your site content as well. Whenever someone goes to Technorati and searches for a particular term – perhaps humor, your site will come up in the search listings if you’ve listed your site with a humor tag.
As you leave comments on peoples sites, or as they link you to their blogrolls your technorati rank will grow. They rank sites by popularity and the more links you have to your site the higher or rather in their case, the lower your rank drops. The lower your rank, the closer you are to getting on Technorati’s top 100 bloggers list.
Now getting on that list isn’t all that easy, but getting on the top favorited sites is a little easier. When you find a site that’s listed on Technorati that you really like you can mark it as a favorite. The more Technorati members that mark you as a favorite site the better.
Now, Maki over at Dosh Dosh decided to create a Technorati Favorites exchange as an experiment to see if Dosh Dosh could get listed on the Top favorited site list. You can read Maki’s fantastic post explaining how this works here – Dosh Dosh’s Ultimate Technorati Favorites Exchange: An Interactive Experience! Maki left me a note on mybloglog the other day and I’ve been meaning to become part of this Technorati favorites exchange, but it wasn’t until Gary Lee left me a message about his Technorati Favorites exchange that I got moving and became part of this great experiment. Please read both of the posts that I’ve linked to here to understand this experiment better if you haven’t already understood where I’m going with this. There’s certainly a lot of information on Maki’s post about the benefits of getting into the Top 100 Technorati’s Favorites list.
I’d like to continue Maki and Gary’s work here by asking you to become part of my own Technorati favorites exchange.
So here’s how we’ll do this. If you’d like to join in:
- Click here to Add me to your Technorati Favorites
- Come Back to this Post and Leave a Comment that you have Added me. Use your own Technorati Fave link in the comment so I know where to go. (i.e. http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.yourdomain.com)
- I will go through my comments and then add you to my Technorati Faves list as well.
Now, Just like the D-List (a list of bloggers that have removed the no follow tag from their blogs – please join that as well) I’d like to create a mini-link train:
***Start Copying Here:***
Here are the rules:
1) Write a short introduction paragraph about what how you found the list and include a link to the blog that referred you to the list.
2) COPY the Rules and ENTIRE List below and post it to your blog. To avoid duplicate content and increase the amount of keywords your site can accessible for, go ahead and change the titles of the post. Just don’t change the links in the post.
3) Take “My New Faves” and move them into the “The Original Faves” list.
4) Add 3 Blogs that you’ve just added to your Technorati Favorites to the “My New Faves” section. Remember to also add the “Fave Me” link next to your new blogs (i.e. http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.yourfavesdomain.com). I just picked the top three sites in my list of favorite sites on Technorati. They were the three sites that had posted most recently.
5) Add Everyone on this list to your Technorati Favorites List by clicking on “Fave the Site.” Those who want good karma will fave you back. If not, you will for sure get the benefits of faves from the bloggers who continue this list after you.
My New Faves
Skeet’s Stuff – Fave the Site
SQ & Kiki’s Playground – Fave the Site
Texas RV Travel Blog – Fave the Site
The Original Faves
Gary Lee – Fave the Site
Dosh Dosh – Fave the Site
Nate Whitehill – Fave the Site
Ms. Danielle – Fave the Site
Jeff Kee – Fave the Site
Scribble on the Wall – Fave the Site
Jimi Morrisons Head – Fave the Site
Jon Lee – Fave the Site
Samanathon – Fave the Site
***End Copying Here***
Now that isn’t too hard is it? The whole point of doing this is to increase traffic to your site, and greatly increase it by helping you get onto the Technorati Top 100 favorite sites list.
Give it a try and don’t forget to leave me a comment with a link to your site on Technorati so I can Fav you if you are passing on this Technorati fav link chain.
BTW it’s funny. I pre-wrote this post in the early a.m. hours and since writing it I think I’ve already had two requests to join other Technorati link exchanges. This is obviously a popular venture to get involved in, so copy out my list and start your own Technorati link exchange post too! (follow the instructions of course)