Jimmi from over at JMH Techtronics has started this new RSS Feed Subscriber campaign.
Every blog, no matter what platform it’s on has an RSS feed. Right? As you might realize there are feed readers out there such as Bloglines, Google Feed Reader and many others that people use to read all the sites that they enjoy in one place.
In order to read those RSS feeds in a feed reader a visitor to a site must subscribe to the RSS feed. My rss feed subscription area is located in the lower portion of the right sidebar if you are looking.
Jimmi created this RSS Feed Campaign so that those on the list could get more subscribers to their RSS feeds. When the list is copied and added to, more people end up getting RSS subscribers and thus more readers of this site.
Having subscribers is a great way to get return traffic to your blogs. If readers use their RSS Feed Readers frequently you should get more traffic than you have ever had before.
What can you get out of encouraging others to subscribe to your rss feed? Well, if you monetize your site you might end up getting more money for your advertising as many of the places that allow us to monetize our sites base their payout/price calculations on our Alexa rank, our sites Page rank, our Technorati rank, and our RSS subscribers!
Now I know that many of the people who read my sites monetize their sites in some form or another. Whether it’s through Google Adsense, Adbrite, Yahoo ads, Text Link Ads or other forms of advertising … the more readers and the more traffic you have the better.
Are you with me?
Ok. The most basic thing that all of us want is more readers. No matter how they read our posts it’s great to have readers isn’t it?
If you want more readers and want to raise your standing with some of the sites that help us monetize our blogs join the campaign.
Here’s the rules:
***Start Copying Here***
1. Create a post and link back to the person that put you on the list in the first paragraph with a brief thank you and description of why people want to use the campaign. DO NOT copy their paragraph. Write your own unique one and link to their site.
2. Copy the ENTIRE list of Feeds and create an OPML File to import into your feed readers so that you can subscribe to all of the blogs on the list. You will want to read my post entitled Mass RSS Feed Subscribing with an OPML so you understand how to do it. (You will want to copy this link over to your post so those you add know how to do this too.)
3. Copy the ENTIRE list of Feeds AND blogs and put them into your post like they are here. Move the “My Adds” from the blog that added you into the “Originals” lists for each. This list is unique because I want you to be able to copy the feeds with out having to delete the blogs before making the OPML file so I separated the two links into 2 lists.
4. Add any blogs you want to the list with whatever keywords you want. Then get their RSS Feed and add those to the list of Feeds in your “My Adds” section.
5. Publish your post.
6. Comment on the post that originated the list here so that new additions can be subscribed to as well by the lists before yours.
My Blog Adds:
Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
Whatever I Feel Like
Ugh!!’s Greymatter Honeypot
A bit of this and a bit of that
Internet Serious Business
No Average Mom
Marisa’s Dandelion Patch
Scribble on the Wall
The Sovereign Journey
Mr. Gary Lee
Windows Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
Get a First Class Degree
SiteLogic Web Development
As the Garden Grows
Breath of Life Photography
The Web Files
***Stop Copying Here***
If you have any questions about how to do any of this just leave me a comment and I will answer it for you as soon as I can. Remember to come back and comment once you put the list up as well so that I can subscribe to your feed and others can too.