I’ve been tagged! This is the second time dear ol’ Daisy has tagged me. I’m going to have to bribe her to stop tagging me or something.
This meme is a little different. I’m sure many of you have seen the 5 random things memes going around. Well this one is also a 5 random things meme but it has a twist. This time the meme asks you to write about “5 random things that happened because of blogging“. I can do that.
1. I’ve been blogging for a little over a year now and I’ve met so many wonderful people. Some have become friends. Friends that I’d love to visit some day, and that I’d happily welcome into my home if they came to visit.
2. I started blogging because I’m home sick. I wanted to start doing it to fill my time, and I also thought that maybe writing about what was going on in my life – particularly illness wise – would help me in some way by just getting it out. It turns out that I really don’t want to talk about my illness all that much – except to occasionally say I’m not feeling well. I’ve got a lot of other things to say, and it has filled my time quite nicely. In fact I’m probably too busy now with all my blogging activities.
3. Continuing on from #2 – When I discovered that I had a lot to say I created more blogs about specific topics- Gardening, Photography, Celebrity gossip etc. Now I have 6 blogs that keep me very busy. Too busy!
4. My husband and I do a lot of things together. I guess we do most things together, but I never expected that we’d end up blogging together! He’s got two blogs on the go now and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up starting another one sometime in the future too. He also helps me out by surfing on the traffic engines for me when I’m working on my sites. I think that might have been what got him interested in doing his Guitar blog since he was stopping and reading so many blogs while surfing.
5. I’ve always made a little bit of extra money from my two websites, but by creating and maintaining several blogs I’ve perhaps quadrupled my Internet earnings. I really needed to do that too since I’m still sick at home with no income from my place of work coming in. One of the major ways that I’ve been making money has been through Payperp0st. Chris also writes for Payperp0st and between us we’ve made about $4000 since October. Isn’t that great?
Now … who to tag. Who to tag … I think I’ll tag Shelli, Fab, Andy from Sans Pantaloons, Zed, and Beth. I choose to tag these people because I think that blogging has changed their lives in many ways, and I think they’ll be able to create some interesting posts for us to read.