Oh no! I’ve been tagged! Skeet from the forum decided to bestow a “Five things we didn’t know about you” meme on me.
I’m trying to think of what I could possibly tell you that if haven’t already written about somewhere on this blog?
1. I think that overall I’m a very positive person. I try to see the bright side of pretty much any kind of situation. I mean, I’m sitting here thinking, wow, I’ve been off work because of my illness for almost 13 months – and I wasn’t doing very well being on and off work for a year before that – yet I’m not falling apart or bogged down by depression. I find something that makes me happy every day.
2. I’m also just astounded when someone does something kind hearted out of the blue – and you know, people do nice things for me all the time, but it still blows me away. It could be something small that others might not even realize was an act of kindness – perhaps not even the person that did the deed, but I notice.
3. I’m not really very fond of shopping. I know – that’s probably unusual for a woman, but it’s true. However, there’s times when I’m shopping and I just keep finding things that I want and if it’s clothes that fit right and look good and I’ll buy as much as I can, ’cause I have no idea when I’ll be on such a role again.
There are certain stores where I could always easily find things to purchase. One of those would be stores that are full of accessories for the home – like Linens and Things, The Home Store, or any kitchen gadget type store. I love looking at all the little gadgets that would make my life so much easier if I’d just buy them and fill my cupboards and shelves full of them.
Oh and then there’s the pottery. Anything pottery draws me to it like a magnet. It could be anything from pottery dinnerware to hand crafted one of a kind vases, or serving platters. I really should take some pottery making lessons and see if I’m any good at it since I love the stuff so much.
4. As positive as I think I am, I can also be very nit picky and get irritated easily, particularly towards loved ones. For example, my husband is a very good musician, but when he picks up his guitar while we’re watching TV, or maybe while I’m trying to write a post and starts playing, it just drives me nuts. I don’t want to stop him from playing since I know it’s something he enjoys, but I wish he’d have better timing about when he plays.
5. Ok now, this one is embarrassing, but I’ll know if you read it if I get some comments on it. I’ve been really foul that last couple of days. By this I mean gassy. You’d think with the Crohns that yes maybe that might be a problem, but it’s not usually for me. I rarely seem to get gas, and if I do it almost never smells, or if it does it’s only a little bit off.
But I don’t know man, the last couple of days it seems like something must have died inside me. I’m sitting here writing up my posts and I must have a build up or something, because I’ll occasionally have to pass some gas. It’s so so so very bad! It’s killing me. I mean when it’s your own and it makes you almost pass out from the smell, it’s gotta be bad bad bad. LOL UPDATE – I wrote this a couple of days ago, I’m thankful that I no longer seem to have this problem! So is my husband. LOL
Oh yeah, did I tell you I’m a very honest person?
Was that TMI or what?