If you work from home, full or part-time, or if you have a home office from hell, you might be interested in this contest that I found. It’s The Home Office From Hell contest. Fairly self-descriptive don’t you think?
The contest begins October 23rd, that’s today folks, and it will end on March 31, 2007. The official contest rules are posted on the site, but the basics of the contest are:
- Post the top 10 reasons why you need to move out of your home office from hell;
- Optionally – You can also upload a video of your hellacious office.
The grand prize winner will win 12 months of rent (up to $12,000) at any location posted on Offices2Share.com, and a paid trip to New York City which includes two nights hotel stay and lunch with Donald Trump’s right-hand man George Ross, A dell desktop computer, a Dell laptop computer, and a Dell switch and server, and tuition for the Entrepreneurship mastery program at Trump University. The grand prize looks like it’s worth more than 24,000 dollars! The second, third, fourth and fifth runner up winners will also win some valuable prizes.
If I were entering the contest my top 10 reasons why I would need to move out of my office from Hell would be:
- My home office is in my living room dining room
- I have two desktop computers on my antique dining room table
- My chair is falling apart
- Our living room couch is the break room area, and the second office where the laptop is used most often
- I can’t concentrate when the TV is on
- I get distracted when the TV is on
- We are in the process of renovating our living room dining room – particularly the ceiling so I’m going to have to move my office
- I have loose plaster falling on me occasionally since we have cut the plaster in our ceiling
- I get the urge to dance to the music that I’m playing instead of working
- My husband and sometimes boarders use my Office!
That probably wouldn’t be a winning entry, but create a list that’s better than mine and send it in for the contest. What are you waiting for- look at the prize you could win!