I saw this on my friend Mr. Fabulous’s site and thought it might be interesting enough to steal. I’ve certainly sent him enough Lemur photos to feed his obsession with them that I should be entitled to snatch and idea from his site.
Sixty-Two Question Meme
1. How old do you wish you were? I don’t know, I’m happy with my current age. It might be nice to hit 30 again and do a few things differently, but over all I’m ok where I am.
2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was working as a nurse in a private clinic. We all hoped that it was just a tragic accident when we heard about the first plane hitting one of the towers, but then when the second plane hit we knew it wasn’t an accident. I left work shortly after that and took the subway home. My husband was still at work, being informed of an upcoming lay off. He worked near the airport and they could see all the planes landing and landing. Toronto international looked like a parking lot for jets.
3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Move on to another vending machine or store and try to remember not to use that one again.
4. Do you consider yourself kind? Yes, I’m usually kind, even if I’m angry inside, you’d likely never know it.
5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? Well, If I wanted to get one, it would probably be some kind of dragon and it would probably go on a hip/ upper buttock, or perhaps shoulder blade area.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? I already speak French and Spanish. Perhaps an Asian language such as Chinese so I’d be able to communicate with some of my patients in the hospital better … or at least finally find out if they are talking about me behind my back! LOL
7. Do you know your neighbors? Oh my gosh, do I know my neighbors? Yes, every single one of them reach two blocks west of us and four blocks east of us thanks to my hubby Sir talk A Lot.
8. What do you consider a vacation? I haven’t had a real vacation in more than a decade, I don’t even know what that is anymore.
9. Do you follow your horoscope? No not really. If I see it and read it it’s usually fun to see if I can match any of the it to what happened that day.
10. Would you move for the person you loved? Absolutely.
11. Are you touchy feely? Not really, although when I’m doing my work in the ER I seem to reach out and hug people (patients) or rub and arm or brush hair from a forehead more often than I would have ever thought I would.
12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Yes, to some degree. I think a successful couple needs to have some things in common, but sometimes it’s the differences that keeps it interesting or helps it work.
13. Dream job? I always wanted to be a veterinarian.
14. Favorite channels? I don’t watch much T.V. My favorite shows are on different channels or stations. Perhaps the Comedy channel as I hit that one regularly.
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? The beach, winter or summer. I love it there.
16. Showers or Bath? A shower wins hands down, baths are too boring unless you have company. come to think of it showers are more interesting with company too.
17. Do you paint your nails? Yep.
18. Do you trust people easily? No. I take a long time to form an opinion of someone and even longer to fully trust. Lying is one of the worst things someone can do to me. Lose my trust- lose me.
19. What are your phobias? I don’t really care for heights, but if I have to climb or be somewhere high, perhaps someones balcony on the 25th floor, I can do it for a while.
20. Do you want kids? Yes, but it might not happen.
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? No, I kept a diary when I was a teen, but no hand written accounts of day to life since then. Besides, my hand writing is atrocious!
22. Where would you rather be right now? Right here, at home.
23. What makes you feel warm and safe? Being with my husband, perhaps being cuddled by him at home, but just being with him makes me feel secure.
24. Heavy or light sleep? Sleep? What is that anyway? Usually light.
25. Are you paranoid? No, not really.
26. Are you impatient? To some degree. I’d rather do things for myself than wait for someone else to do it.
27. Who can you relate to? I really don’t know. No one stands out in particular. Honest, confident people are ones that I’m usually drawn to.
28. How do you feel about interracial couples? I don’t have any problem with interracial couples. I would hope that we are beyond that by now.
29. Have you been burned by love? Yes my hearts been broken in the past but I survived.
30. What’s your life motto? Live life to the fullest and don’t have any regrets. Also work to live, don’t live to work.
31. What’s your main ringtone on your mobile? Play that funky music by Wild Cherry.
32. What were you doing at midnight last night? Very unusually for me but I was actually asleep – on the couch, I fell asleep watching TV.
33. Who was your last text message from? My mobile provider.
34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night? Uh the couch at first, then my own bed. Why, do you think I sleep around?
35. What color shirt are you wearing? White T-shirt.
36. Most recent movie you watched? Watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD last week.
37. Name five things you have on you at all times? My purse, cell phone, keys … oh you said on? What do you think I have on?
38. What color are your bed sheets? Light blue.
39. How much cash do you have on you right now? Why, is this a stick up?
40. What is your favorite part of chicken? The part with the best meat, the breast.
41. What’s your favorite town/city? I’ve got to say the town that I’m in right now – Toronto. It’s a great city.
42. I can’t wait till… I finally get over this crohns flare and get my life back.
43. Who got you to join MySpace? No one … I checked it out on my own.
44. What did you have for dinner last night? Left over Japanese noodles and terriyaki veggies.
45. How tall are you barefoot? 5′ 10 1/2″ and I’ve been almost that tall since I was 12!
46. Have you ever smoked crack? Are you implying that I sound like I’m on crack or something? Nah, I’ve never smoked crack so that doesn’t explain my weird behaviour.
47. Do you own a gun? Nope. It’s not common for Canadians to own guns unless they use them for hunting.
48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I like to have a coffee but I usually have some water first.
49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? A lure? I don’t need a lure! LOL hmmm I get lots of compliments on my eyes and my smile so I guess either one of those works just fine.
50. Do you have A.D.D.? I don’t think so but I have trouble paying attention long enough to figure it out.
51. What time did you wake up today? Uh, the first or the second time? I awoke from my nap on the couch at almost 3 a.m. then I stayed up until 8 a.m. then I went to my bed and slept for another two hours.
52. Current worry? I guess I worry most often about my health, but I try not to worry about things too often. I’d rather work at solving problems than worrying about them.
53. Current hate? There’s not much that I actually hate. Hate is such a strong word. But we’ve had a lot of gun violence and senseless murders happening in Toronto and I’d have to say that I hate that.
54. Favorite place to be? In my garden with my husband.
55. Where would you like to travel? Lots of places! Australia, Costa Rica, Russia, Ireland, most any Caribbean island, Greece …
56. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 yrs? I’d like to be happy and healthy. If we happen to have a bit more money that would be nice too.
57. Last thing you ate? A bowel of Cheerios with some wild blueberries in it for breakfast.
58. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t usually sing in the shower, but I sing in the living room. I often sing along with whatever I’m listening to as long as I actually like the tune.
59. Last person that made you laugh? My husband.
60. Worst injury you’ve ever had? LOL well I’ve had two good ones this year alone! I fell on my chin in March and split the tissues to the bone and could barely chew for a month, then in July I fell on my right knee and my whole leg was bruised and swollen with what appeared to be a second knee cap on my right knee … so take your pick, their up their with the best of them.
61. Does someone have a crush on you? I don’t know. I think my neighbor Sofies 20 something year old grandson might have a bit of crush … he always knocks on our door when he’s visiting and seems especially happy to see me when he’s around, but he might just be a nice guy.
62. What is your favorite candy? Easy one. Chocolate, always chocolate. I don’t eat it very often but when I do I savor it. mmmmm chocolate.