Thirteen Things that are irritating
1. Don’t you just hate it when people call and, if you don’t answer, they don’t leave a message? Sometimes I come home and find that the same number called 10 times yet didn’t leave a message. Hello, you obviously want to talk to either me or my husband, let us know what it’s about and maybe we’ll call you back.
2. Infomercials. I’m often up late at night because of the pain in my tum and I have the TV on to keep me company. By 2 a.m. most of the lower numbered channels have all gone to infomercials.
3. Not only are there too many infomercials on, but can they at least get people who can act? Has anyone seen the Magic Bullet infomercial? I think that one should win an award for worst acting, it’s hilarious. To be honest I think that’s the only one I’ve watched in full. I have no idea why I watched it, but I did. None of the others with their cheesy sets and horrible scripts have ever held my attention long enough for me to watch more than 1 or 2 minutes.
4. I have the TV on now and Fear Factor is on. I can handle watching the stunts – but when it gets to the disgusting stuff that the contestants have to eat I usually watch and gag along with them. Right now I’m watching people eat 100 year old eggs, hot peppers, live ants and get this “Fermented squid guts”. Ewww
5. Speaking of eating and drinking for that matter, people that make a lot of sounds when they eat or drink irritate me. I hate slurpers!
6. Or when people eat with their mouth open … that mushy chewing breathy sound. Drives me nuts!
7. Back to the phone again. Telemarketers always seem to call when your busy don’t they? Most of the time I just let the phone ring and I don’t answer it if I don’t recognize the number, but sometimes a number looks familiar so I answer and find I’m being asked to take a survey and divulge my secret interests and habits, or else someones telling me I’ve won a trip to a resort. Yah right- how much is it going to cost me to go on this free trip?
8. I’ve got an answering machine through the phone company and sometimes businesses and telemarketers get through and leave messages without making the phone ring at all. I call these backdoor messages. Now that’s irritating.
9. Yesterday I noticed that the message button was flashing on my phone so I called in to check my messages and I discovered that I had a message marked private. I’ve never had a message marked private before. Odd. You know what it was? It was a message from a local politician recommending his party for the upcoming elections. Here’s a big tip for that guy – If you want my vote have a human call me and talk to me, don’t leave a pre-recorded message on my answering machine after sneaking in the backdoor and marking it private. Geesh!
10. I guess if we have elections coming up we’ll have people from that same political party sneaking around putting campaign signs on lawns without peoples permission like they did last time. They did that to two of my elderly neighbors who don’t speak English well. There is no way that they would have given permission for the signs.
11. Bl0gmad and my credits getting eaten up so quickly – as quick as I can surf sometimes. Hey guys, I want total control over my credits. I have three sites on Bl0gmad and I’d like to be able to set exactly how many credits each site goes through each day. Right now I’m going through more than 300 credits per day on the site and for all I know perhaps only one of my sites is being rotated.
12. Karaoke neighbors, specifically my Karaoke neighbors. It seems to be the season. They had a party last Sunday of all days and by 2 in the afternoon they were blaring their Karaoke machine. Now this wouldn’t be so bad if 1. it wasn’t so loud, 2. If they could actually sing or 3. if they played more than 10 different songs. It’s going to be a long Winter if they really get into it again this year.
13. And finally, the last thing that’s irritating me right now is pain meds that don’t work, and that make you itchy as a side effect. It seems lately that at least once a week when I take a particular pain pill I become severely itchy all over. I don’t know why. Perhaps some food I ate for dinner combines with the meds and sets off the itchy side effect? Odd, but very irritating.
Have a great Thursday!
Oh a Bonus – Another thing that irritated me all day yesterday. People adding their link to Mr. Linky but not leaving a comment. Sorry, I don’t care if you were a Wordless Wednesday participant or not. If you want your link to stay on my site you need to leave a comment, otherwise I remove it.
Having said that:
If you are a Thursday Thirteen participant please leave a LINK AND A COMMENT: