A number of you tried to guess the answers to my little Thursday Thirteen quiz (see 2 posts below). Are you ready for the answers?
1 and 2. Both True- Rockstar SuperNova was one of the few shows that I watched on TV over the summer. I was addicted and I was pleased that Lucas Rossi won. For those that don’t know, Super Nova is a new band comprised of Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newstead and they were looking for a lead singer for their band- hence the Rockstar reality TV show.
3. False. I’m sure there are a lot of fantastic singers in Toronto, but not everyone here can carry a tune. We don’t kick the bad singers out, but I’ve certainly heard some singing bad enough that it made me think of moving!
4. True – Doesn’t everyone think their singing is fantastic in the shower?
5. False – My husband is a musician. He plays 13 instruments. He doesn’t make a living playing music but I’m sure he could.
6. I think just about everyone said false for this one but it’s actually true. When I became a jeweller and started my own business things weren’t going well and I need to make some extra money (legally!) to get by. I’d always been interesting in acting and I’d been in all the Drama classes in high school. So, I signed up with some agencies and I did some extra work in commercials for a few years on the side, and I was even in two movies, one very prominently. No it wasn’t that kind of movie either, but I can’t say that it was a good movie.
7. False – If you’ve been reading this site for any length of time you probably know that my husbands nickname here is “Sir Talk A lot”. He’s almost never quiet.
8. True – Yep, as I just said above I was a Jeweller. My companies name was Diamond Cuts. I used a huge milling machine to cut designs into various types of jewellery with a diamond and did some hand cutting too. I also did gold plating and made molds for new designs. Prior to starting my own business I worked for another jeweller and I was a caster there, and then the manager. During my time in the jewellery trade I worked with a lot of dangerous chemicals such as cyanide on a daily basis and I sometimes wonder if any of those chemicals have contributed to my current illness.
9. False – I never go to bed early unless I fall asleep on the couch while watching TV in the evening with my husband. When that happens its from sheer exhaustion. I don’t sleep much due to my abdominal pain – it’s at it’s worst at night.
10. False- Look at my header, see the iguana on the couch? Yep I’m a reptile lover.
11. 12. and 13 are all True.
I’m an A type personality and I guess you could say I’m in my third career. I do have my make up artist and special effects certificate.
I’ve written several articles for magazines and other publications – most of them with little or no pay for my contributions. I currently have an article that’s just been published in an annual magazine called Reptiles USA Annual 2007 (It’s the water dragon article). I haven’t received my two free copies of the magazine yet and I haven’t seen it in any pet stores, but I’m told it’s out there.
Last but not least I’ve been off work due to illness for over 9 months now. I’m going stir crazy and I want to get better and get back to work.
That’s it. Exciting huh?