Do you remember that contest that I started a week and a half ago? The New Domain – Cheap? contest?
Well, I don’t have any winners as of yet. I had a number of great ideas given to me and several people participated but no winners have been chosen.
One of the reasons why I don’t have any winners yet is:
1. Some great domain name ideas were given, but ultimately I decided to go with one that I thought up on my own. Sorry!
2. A number of people suggested various hosting sites, but I don’t need a new host as I’m very happy with the one I’m using. I have some huge sites running with this host and I need a host that offers a lot of transfer bytes – and that I have.
3. What I did want was a place to purchase a cheap domain name, but when I looked at several of the suggested sites the domain prices were only inexpensive if you also purchased another product from said sites – often in the form of hosting.
4. The final reason why I don’t have any winners for my contest – yet – is that I haven’t chosen a designer, or whether I’ll even go with a designer at all. If I do go with one of the suggested designers I assure you that the first person that suggested the one whom I choose will receive the promised 500 credits.
I’m really sorry that I wasn’t able to award any prizes to anyone by now. I was hoping that I could have made a few people happy.
I did however choose my new domain name! I came up with it on Saturday when I happened to have had a very high fever all day. I decided to call the new site Feverish Thoughts. Do you like?
It totally suites what’s been going on with me these days, and by that I mean my being sick. A day doesn’t go by without me having a fever so I might as well have a domain named after my affliction.
I don’t know if it was a good or bad idea to have created the new domain on a day with the ominous numbers 6.6.6 as it’s date. But it’s a done deal! Hey my birthday has three 6’s in it. Well, it doesn’t really, one of the numbers is an upside down 6, but that’s close enough isn’t it?
The two new sites that I’m creating are going to be:
1. A gardening site – Yes I know it might not be a huge hit, but I don’t care. I want to talk about my garden and what grows in it. I’m sure there are a few other people out there that might be interested in a site devoted to all things gardening.
2. A photo site – I love photography and enjoy taking interesting photos.
Now here’s where you guys come in again. What should I name these sites?
I’m really stumped on the photo site. Tricia’s Photo’s just doesn’t do it for me. Right now the photo’s I have to put up are, well, mostly flower pictures, beach picture and a few from around my lovely city of Toronto. Do you have any creative ideas for a name for my photo site?
The garden site needs a name too and if you want to try your hand at coming up with a name I’d appreciate hearing your ideas. So far I’ve thought of:
1. I never promised you a rose garden (uh my garden has 65 or so rose plants in it!)
2. Petals and Blooms (some companies use that one, so maybe not)
3. As the Garden Grows
Any other ideas?
Mr. Fab has been typing away furiously in his room and I just went over to read the post he’s been working on and I really think you should go visit him. He has a serious post up today – yes very rare for this boy! I don’t want to tell you what it’s about because I want you to go there and read it for yourself and see how it affects you. go, go now … oh wait, leave me a site name idea first, then go.