Matt over at Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta has a contest going on right now. I think all of the participants might be feeling a little bit like I do today. I’m going nuts trying to figure out his clues. I think I’m close to figuring out “where Matt is” but I’m just not sure. I need at least one more clue. I’ve been to all the participating sites at least 5 times today!
Other things that are bugging me:
1. My border has been working out well, but he’s not following the one house rule that we requested when he asked us if there were any house rules- he’s not cleaning his room. It’s got clothes all over the floor, books and papers scattered everywhere and the bed hasn’t been made since he moved in at the beginning of April. It’s a tiny room and when it’s cluttered it just looks terrible. I see it every time I go upstairs since it’s at the top of the stairs.
2. I’m allergic to the body soap he uses, so I can’t go near the washroom after he’s had a shower. I have asthma attacks when I encounter whatever it is in that soap. We’ve been trying to get him to use the basement shower but he’s only used it twice.
3. My husbands been no help in getting our border to either not use the soap that making it difficult for me to breath, or in getting our border to keep his room at least somewhat tidy. So I’m the BAD guy. I really hate being the bad guy all the time.
4. I have to go shopping for either a dress or a nice pants and blouse combo for the wedding this upcoming weekend. I need new clothes, however, there’s a catch- I hate shopping! If you think that’s weird I also happen to hate long telephone conversations, just so you know, in case you’re keeping track. I know there has to be a few other women out there like me, but I think most enjoy the whole shopping experience. To me it’s very depressing. I’m tall, have a high waist, long legs and clothes just tend not to fit quite right.
5. I also think I might be starting to get a cold. Our border has a bad cold, complete with lots of sniffling snuffling noises that I just adore (see Noises People Make for more info on my reaction to human sounds). I have almost no immune system to speak of so it’s not a big surprise that I might be getting a cold. Actually that’s not true- I have an autoimmune disease so I guess my system is on auto drive. Either way I tend to get sick easily so I try to stay away from sick people. Yeah right- I’m nurse, almost impossible when I’m working. So I’m not happy, my tum is aching a lot, my throat is sore, my nose is a bit stuffy, I’ve got a fever (as usual) and I just feel generally blah.
I guess I’m just grumpy today. My husband is puttering around trying to cut pieces to fit around our inner front door frame. We bought some very nice fluted wood and I think the frame (it’s not a frame but you know what I mean I hope) will look very nice. BUT he cut one piece too short already! Also, every time he’s about to do something he needs my opinion and I’m just not up to it today.
On top of all this Ed from Parenting Toys is leaving me. He’s due to leave sometime late Monday evening but with all my grumpiness he might just pack up his bags and leave in the middle of the night for all I know. Can you guys do me a favor? Pop over to his site and distract him for me so he ends up completing his stay here. Will you do that?
What drives you mad?
Is it a person or something they do that drives you batty? Drivers? Traffic? crowds? Your spouses favorite pet? Inquiring minds want to know- spill it.