I don’t do this kind of meme very often, but sometimes they are kind of fun and I think they give readers a better idea of who the blogger is, so I decided I’d give it a whirl.
If you’d like to participate in this meme go right ahead. Here’s the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment for each blogger.
I’m going to leave out rule 4 and 5 because if I tag others I’ll just end up getting more tags! LOL
I think I have a lot of quirks so picking out just 6 won’t be easy! Let’s see …
1. I really like my feet being tickled. Not the tickle to make you laugh until you can’t breath kind of tickle … just nice gentle tickles with the tips of your fingers. It’s sooooo relaxing. I married Chris because he’s a good tickler. Ok I married him for other reasons too, but that was on the list. 😉
2. When I was a baby I went through a period where the only way my parents could get me to sleep was to put me on my stomach and pat my bum until I was bouncing like a basketball. I’d fall asleep that way and start crying as soon as they stopped! They’d have to take turns bouncing me for hours! Strangely enough I can now fall asleep without having my bum patted.
3. I detested – really really hated! peanut butter all my life. Just the smell of it would make me nauseated, but … a couple of months ago I got a craving for it and I now eat it regularly.
4. I don’t like most reality shows, but I think I’m secretly addicted to America’s Got Talent. I guess it isn’t a secret anymore.
5. My regular and casual visitors likely already know I like dogs and probably realize that I’m an animal lover, but did you know that I love reptiles? I kept reptiles for decades. We currently only have an Eastern Box Turtle and an Ornate Box Turtle, but we’ve had as many as 9 lizards and the two turtles at the height of our reptile keeping days. Back in 1995 I started my first website “Tricia’s Chinese Water Dragon, Reptile and Amphibian Care Page“. Yeah I’ve come up with better names for my sites since then, but that one’s accurate in it’s description. It’s a huge website that gets 1000’s of visitors each day and it’s had over 15 million page views since I started tracking stats. I’ll bet you never thought there’d be that many people seeking reptile care info, did ya? I’ll also bet that you didn’t know I’m a reptile guru!
6. When I was a child my parents had trouble getting me to eat my vegetables. Somehow my mom figured out that I’d eat some veggies, that most people like better cooked, raw. These days I’ll eat most veggies (cooked), but I still don’t mind eating things like Potatoes and turnip raw – in fact I think I prefer them that way!
Ok so was that unbelievably unspectacularly quirky enough for you? Feel free to do this meme on your blog or better yet leave me a comment with one of your unspectacular quirks!
Earlier today I received an award from a blogger who clams she’s mainly a lurker. I love it when I’ve made a post that finally gets a reader to leave a comment or better yet, as in this case, give me an award that says:
Thank you Wendy! When I went to visit Wendy’s site, The Domestiquette I discovered that she’d given the award to 5 other great blogs which will now become part of my reading list, along with Wendy’s blog of course! BTW I’ve been to Wendy’s site before in my travels, but I’ll try to get there a little more often.
BTW Wendy I hope your internet connection gets better!
Like the previous tag I believe I’m supposed to pick out blogs I’d like to give the award to, but there are so many blogs that I really love! It’s too hard! So I think I’ll pass on that part of the tag, but if you’d like to award some of your favorite blogs with this award go ahead and copy the award image (do not link to it!) and give it out to your favs.
So what are your quirks? This inquiring mind wants to know!